UFC 280 is finally here! Charles Oliveira takes on Islam Makhachev in a massive lightweight title fight TONIGHT.
Oliveira and Makhachev have been on a collision course to clash with each other for months and months.
But finally, the pair will do battle in one of the UFC‘s most highly-anticipated championship fights.
The undercard is also stacked with action, as Aljamain Sterling faces TJ Dillashaw in a huge bantamweight world title bout.
And Sean O’Malley against feared Russian fighter Petr Yan.
When is UFC 280: Oliveira vs Makhachev?
- UFC 280 will take place on Saturday, October 22.
- The event will be held at the Etihad Arena in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
- The prelims will get underway from 3pm BST, with the action to get going on BT Sport Box Office from 5pm.
- The main card starts at 7pm and the main event ring-walks will begin at around 10pm.
What channel is it and can it be live streamed?
- UFC 280: Oliveira vs Makhachev will be shown live on BT Sport Box Office.
- You can live stream the action from the BT Sport Box Office app, which is available for download onto your mobile or tablet device.
- Charles Oliveira vs Islam Makhachev – UFC Lightweight title
- Aljamain Sterling (c) vs TJ Dillashaw – for UFC Bantamweight title
- Petr Yan vs Sean O’Malley
- Beneil Dariush vs Mateusz Gamrot
- Katlyn Chookagian vs Manon Fiorot
- Belal Muhammad vs Sean Brady
- Makhmud Muradov vs Caio Borralho
- Nikita Krylov vs Volkan Oezdemir
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs Lucas Almeida
- Abubakar Nurmagomedov vs Gadzhi Omargadzhiev
- Armen Petrosyan vs AJ Dobson
- Muhammad Mokaev vs Malcolm Gordon
- Lina Lansberg vs Karol Rosa
What has been said?
Oliveira said: “I’m going to shock the world yet again… Well, opinions are subjective and some people believe that I would be a potential winner, he would be a potential winner.
“But I’m gonna show that my history, my background, the number of fights I’ve had, my contenders, these will come to show on that very night. In this sense, I’ll shock the world because people will change their opinion about this.”
Makhachev’s words at the weigh-in were more brief.
“Abu Dhabi, give some noise. We do this tomorrow night inshallah, “ he said.
News/ 1 hour ago
EU imposes sanctions for sexual violence
On International Women’s Day, the EU is taking a stand against sexual violence: it...
News/ 1 hour ago
Women’s Day in Iran: No day and every day
The official women’s day has no fixed place in the calendar in Iran. One thing...
News/ 2 weeks ago
Biden versus Putin: two speeches, two worlds
In Warsaw, the US President responded indirectly to the speech by the Russian ruler...