A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Umar Sani, has claimed that former President Goodluck Jonathan has purchased a presidential nomination form ahead of the 2027 general election.
Sani made the disclosure during an appearance on Trust TV on Tuesday.
According to him, Jonathan’s actions indicate serious interest in returning to partisan politics ahead of the next presidential election.
“In politics, what is important is action. If you are interested, there are processes you have to follow, one of which is the procurement of nomination forms. He has done that,” Sani said.
When asked if Jonathan had indeed obtained the form, Sani replied: “Yes and in fact, he is about to come and submit the forms publicly.”
Sani also expressed confidence that the legal challenge against Jonathan’s eligibility to contest the presidency again would fail in court.
He argued that the matter had already been settled judicially and could only be overturned by the Supreme Court.
“We are very confident that the matter will be thrown out because you cannot re-litigate something that has already been decided upon,” he said.
He added that the pending case before Justice Peter Lifu, expected to come up on May 26, would likely be dismissed for lack of jurisdiction.
The PDP chieftain further dismissed suggestions that Jonathan’s supporters were merely using his name for political relevance, insisting that many Nigerians remained nostalgic about the former president’s administration.
Jonathan served as Nigeria’s president from 2010 to 2015 before losing reelection to former President Muhammadu Buhari.



