President Bola Tinubu’s media aide, Daniel Bwala, has assured that more military operations involving the United States and Nigerian forces would be witnessed in the coming days.

Bwala stated this in an interview he granted to CNN on the recent elimination of a globally wanted terrorist, Abu-Bilal al-Minuki, identified as the world’s second-in-command of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

DAILY POST reports that US President Donald Trump on Friday morning announced the killing of the terrorist, stating that he had been hiding in Nigeria.

Speaking on the successful operation, Daniel Bwala told CNN that more such operations would be witnessed in the coming days.

“Probably in the coming days, we will see more and more of these operations. It will be frequent,” he said.

On whether it was US forces or Nigerian forces that drove the intelligence that led to the elimination of the terrorist, Bwala said, “What I can tell you is that we have a deepened cooperation between the US and Nigeria.

“Of course, you know that when it comes to intelligence sharing, the foundation for it will be the locals where the attack is taking place.

“The Americans have military hardware that we do not have, and part of our conversation with the US is that such hardware would be helpful in our journey to deal with this terrorism.”

Watch video