The official determined material used for smudging – an Indigenous spiritual ritual that involves burning traditional plants – was accidentally left next to combustible material.
An alarm company called firefighters to the 2000 block of Arlington Avenue at around 6:20 a.m. on Saturday.
Upon arrival, firefighters found a sprinkler system had extinguished the fire. Crews then ventilated the building.
A fire department statement said the total damage was around $10,000.
The statement also urged property owners to consider buying a lockbox so firefighters can more easily access buildings in emergency situations.
Turkish Super Lig champions Galatasaray are lining up a January move for Club Brugge...
Former Tottenham Hotspur star, Darren Bent has claimed that Manchester United are too big...
Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke has told manager Erik ten Hag not to allow...