In this episode of The Minimalists Podcast, Joshua and Ryan talk about the best options for therapy when you’re feeling sad, grieving, depressed, anxious, or overwhelmed with author, podcaster, and psychotherapist Lori Gottlieb, and they answer the following questions:
- When is the appropriate time to talk to a therapist?
- What is “idiot compassion” compared to “wise compassion”?
- What is self-sabotage, and how can we identify and address its manifestation in us?
- What is the most important phase of change?
- What is the most challenging part of change?
- Why should someone schedule a session with a therapist?
- What key power can therapy give us?
- What do we do when cost is an impediment to mental healthcare?
- What are the downsides of trying to help others change?
- What mantras, self-talk, meditations, et cetera, have helped keep you focused, centered, and positive when addressing significant life challenges?
- In their lives, to whom do most people talk the most?
- How do we give ourselves self-compassion?
- How do we get past childhood traumas and disappointments?
- What is “forced forgiveness”?
- Must we forgive to move on?
- How do we handle pride appropriately?
- Why does there seem to be a stigma against mental health in older generations, and, more specifically, how can we get our parents to talk about their feelings and vulnerabilities?
Apple Podcasts · Spotify · Google Podcasts · Soundcloud · MP3
Joshua & Ryan’s pithy, shareable, less-than-140-character responses. Find more quotes from The Minimalists at MinimalMaxims.com.
- “To love someone is to see them for who they are without trying to change them.” —Joshua Fields Millburn
- “To accept is more loving than to expect.” —Ryan Nicodemus
Mentioned in This Episode
- App: iBreathe
- Book: Love People, Use Things
- Book: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone
- Book: Maybe You Should Talk to Someone Workbook
- Column: Dear Therapist
- Instagram: Jordan Moore
- Instagram: Podcast Shawn
- Instagram: Talk with Zach
- Instagram: Jess Williams
- Listen: “Earthquake Weather”
- Listen: “Vax That Thang Up”
- Meetup: Minimalist.org
- Patreon: The Minimalists
- Podcast: Dear Therapists
- Resources: The Minimalists
- Subscribe: The Minimalists
- Text: 937-202-4654
- Tour: The Minimalists
- Watch: Change Your Story, Change Your Life
- Website: Lori Gottlieb
Subscribe to The Minimalists via email.
Entertainment/ 1 month ago
Nigerian Singer Iyanya spills on why he is still single
Nigerian singer, Onoyom Mbuk better known as Iyanya, has revealed why he is yet...
Love & Relationship/ 1 month ago
Some men prefer monkey that gives them peace of mind – Janemena
Nigerian dancer and social media influencer, Usiwo Orezinena Jane, aka Janemena, has warned women...
English Premier League/ 1 month ago
EPL: Michael Owen identifies area Man Utd must improve to challenge Arsenal, Man City
Former Manchester United striker, Michael Owen, has revealed that his former club needs to...