Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Acting Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Umar Damagum, has said the National Working Committee under his leadership will not suspend nor dismiss any ‘disloyal’ member. This is coming on the heels of the admonition by some stakeholders within the PDP, asking Damagum to sanction former Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, and many others.
2. There was a fire incident at the Federal Secretariat, Abuja on Saturday. The fire was said to have been caused by an explosion in the electrical utility room. Director of Communications, Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Muhammed Ahmed, in a message, explained that the fire was a result of an explosion from the utility room.
3. Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu, President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, has said that Igbo forebears are “the pioneers” and “heroes” of modern Lagos State. Iwuanyanwu stated this in a press briefing video that has gone viral. He was indirectly responding to the comment the Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, made in relation to the origin of the state, which generated controversy.
4. No fewer than 11 inmates of the Enugu Correctional Centre have been released under the federal government’s prison decongestion programme. The inmates were drawn from the Enugu, Nsukka as well as Oji River and Ibite-Olo custodial centres.
5. Three-man panel of the Appeal Court sitting in Lagos State, yesterday, upheld the decision of the Abia Election Petition Tribunal which affirmed the governor of the state, Dr. Alex Otti as the winner of the March 18, 2023 Abia governorship election.
6. Three Oyo traditional rulers have been reportedly killed, while nine others were injured in a road crash on Friday. The monarchs, all from the Oriire Local Government Area of the state, were said to be going for a social function before the crash.
7. Low turnout marred yesterday’s local government election in Ekiti State as most people stayed away from the polling units across the 16 council area of the state. It was a total departure from the large turnout that was witnessed during the last presidential and state assembly elections.
8. The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, Sokoto State office, on Friday, arrested one Anas Sani, 32, discovered to be an Indian hemp farmer in the state. The agency’s state Commander, Iro Adamu, in his remarks on Saturday, said the discovery was made last Friday night at the Sanyinna area in Tambuwal Local Government Area of the state following an intelligence report.
9. A worker at Bolorunduro, Ondo East Local Government Area of Ondo State, simply identified as Matthew, has slumped and died in his office. The deceased, according to co-workers, had come to the office on Friday and later proceeded to have his breakfast in his vehicle parked inside the LGA.
10. The Enugu State Internal Revenue Service has sealed some hotels for tax evasion. The action was in compliance with an order obtained from the High Court in Enugu on November 29. It was learnt that guests and workers of some of the hotels were locked in by officials of the agency who were on a revenue drive on Friday.
Turkish Super Lig champions Galatasaray are lining up a January move for Club Brugge...
Former Tottenham Hotspur star, Darren Bent has claimed that Manchester United are too big...
Manchester United legend Dwight Yorke has told manager Erik ten Hag not to allow...