Janette Manrara Scores Exciting New Role After Leaving Strictly and Facing Career Challenges
AXED Strictly star Janette Manrara has landed her first role since being given the boot amid her ‘career crisis’. had been a co-host of the Two spin-off for...
AXED Strictly star Janette Manrara has landed her first role since being given the boot amid her ‘career crisis’.
had been a co-host of the Two spin-off for five years but earlier this year, The Sun revealed how she and fellow host had been
Axed Strictly star Janette Manrara has landed her first role since being given the boot from BBC show Credit: jmanrara/Instagram
She will star in a new play Credit: Getty
But now Janette has announced her exciting of landing a shiny new job.
“I can finally say that I will be joining the cast of the world premiere of AFFLUENZA at Riverside Studios in London,” she penned on , alongside a photo of the play’s poster.
She went on: “I have always loved telling stories — through dance, movement and presenting.
“Now, I get to tell one in a whole new way… and this one is a conversation starter.
She was the host of It Takes Two until she got the axe earlier this year Credit: BBC
She is married to Strictly pro Aljaz Skorjanec Credit: PA
“New chapter. New challenges. Excited for what’s to come.”
Her fans rushed to the comments to congratulate the dancing sensation.
“Yes yes yes! Bloody brilliant,” penned one person.
“I’m so proud of you! This is amazing. she’s a star in every sense,” said another.
While a third wrote: “Janette – you are a courageous woman and your news is very exciting. Go Go go x.”
And a fourth said: “Absolutely amazing news. You will sparkle like the star you are. You have immense talent that can now be put to good use. So pleased for you xxx.”
Affluenza is a play that is running from September 26 to November 21.
Is is inspired by true events surrounding a shocking legal defence and “explores the ripple effects of power and privilege”.
The play will be on stage at Riverside Studios for a limited 8-week run.
Back in May, and not being sure when the next time she would get to dance on stage with hubby Alijaz Skorjanec.
Then, in June on her channel, the presenter said: “Strictly Come Dancing has changed hugely and I am no longer a part of It Takes Two or the main show.
“I’ll still be involved in other ways.
“But, that just means that I’m free to pursue and do many other projects that I’ve always wanted to do and never really thought about doing.
“Strictly is all I’ve known for the past 14 years so it is a bit like, ‘Oh, we’re going into a different world, a different space, how are we going to navigate that?’.”
Janette went on to reveal she will continue filming YouTube videos as she navigates faces the “big shift and change” in her life.
She added: “I’m making a huge shift in my career.”