A SUSPECTED killer dad allegedly took sick selfies with the bodies of his deaf ex-wife and their 12-year-old daughter after slitting their throats at a Spanish holiday hotspot.
Families and neighbours were reportedly sent the disturbing images showing a masked man posing beside the mum and schoolgirl after they were butchered at home.
Police work at the crime scene after a mother and daughter were found killedCredit: Refer to source
Cops are probing claims that the alleged killer sent selfies with the corpsesCredit: Refer to source
Cops are probing claims the Algerian-born ex-husband of Maria Jose Bou, 49, sent the photos before transferring the same images to himself from a second phone in a bid to throw detectives off the scent.
The corpses of Maria Jose and her daughter Noemi were found yesterday afternoon in the Costa del Azahar resort of Xilxes in the eastern province of Castellon.
The man now in custody allegedly phoned police claiming he had gone to the house and found them dead after receiving a WhatsApp image of his daughter’s body.
He said he had to kick down the front door to get inside.
But suspicion quickly turned to him after officers discovered he had a restraining order and his ex-partner was registered on Spain’s VioGen system, which is designed to protect women from abusive former partners.
Local police had to call in sign language experts to question the suspect, who has hearing difficulties.
He initially told officers a mystery person had been threatening his family. Detectives’ focus later switched to him after it emerged he had breached his restraining order by contacting his former partner and daughter.
He was taken into custody for further questioning after reportedly admitting breaking the order.
The dead pair, who were both born deaf, were last seen shopping at a supermarket in Xilxes on Monday.
Investigators believe their bodies were discovered several hours after they were killed.
A neighbour in the town of just over 3,000 inhabitants told local paper Las Provincias the detainee, named as Abdelkader B, stalked his ex and had already been jailed for breaching a restraining order.
He said: “He controlled her, he followed her wherever she went.”
The Civil Guard force investigating the double killing has yet to make any official comment, although officers are understood to be considering “all options” despite the arrest.
Xilxes mayor Ismael Minguet described what had happened as “terrible” as the town hall announced three days of mourning.
The town hall said in a statement: “We share the pain of the family and friends of the mother and daughter who died and express our deep consternation about what has happened.”
The couple lived in a popular holiday town on Spain’s east coastCredit: RTVE
Last month, British expat mum-of-three at her home in Alhaurin el Grande near Marbella.
Local reports claim Hart’s eldest child – an 11-year-old boy – ran outside to their garden to seek help after his mum was attacked.
Emergency services were alerted at around 11.40am on January 24, according to Spanish newspaper SUR .
are said to have heard her cries and rushed to the home, where she was later found with stab injuries.
Her estranged husband , 37, was arrested and remanded in custody after reportedly driving to a nearby prison and confessing he had “done something bad.”
After news of the horror stabbing emerged, court officials revealed the former semi-professional footballer had been handed a four-month suspended prison sentence for violating a restraining order imposed on him.
He was handed the restraining order for allegedly kicking and threatening to kill Victoria.
He has yet to be tried for the assault and death threats, officials said.
At the time, Victoria told the judge Rueda had picked up an iron and yelled at her: “I feel like grabbing you and killing you.”
She also accused him of slapping her round the face and threatening to commit suicide or murder her if she insisted on a divorce.
Tributes have been pouring in for the 33-year-old, who also has twin daughters aged seven.



