THE Metropolitan Police is calling for potential victims of sexual assault from reality TV show Married At First Sight UK to contact them.
It comes after two women alleged they had been raped by their onscreen husbands and a third said she had been sexually abused on the show.
MAFS contestant Shona Manderson, who appeared on the show in 2023, claimed she had been sexually abused on the show Credit: BBC
MAFS UK could face a police probe – with Channel 4 bosses after a BBC Panorama investigation aired last night with abuse claims from multiple women.
In the doc, one woman – speaking anonymously as “Lizzie” – claimed her on-screen husband raped her, then “threatened to get someone to throw acid at her” if she told anyone.
A second woman – portrayed by an actress and using the name “Chloe” – said she had suicidal thoughts when her series aired after she told show bosses she was raped.
A third contestant, Shona Manderson, spoke out to accuse her on-screen partner Bradley Skelly of sexual misconduct, claiming he ejaculated inside her without permission.
A Met spokesperson said: “We are aware of media reporting relating to allegations of rape and sexual assault following the airing of a television programme on Monday, 18 May.
“At this time, we have not received any criminal reports in relation to this matter.
“We will be making approaches to the relevant production teams to ensure that anyone they have spoken to is aware of how to report any criminal allegations to police.
“We continue to encourage anyone who believes they have been a victim of sexual assault, no matter how long ago it happened, to get in touch with us.”
The Sun contacted the Metropolitan Police for comment.


