IT was Britain’s biggest ever cash robbery, with a brazen Hollywood-style plot that involved the kidnap of a security boss and his family, and masked raiders driving away with £53million.
But as mystery still swirls over the missing millions stolen during the – which took place 20 years ago this weekend – The Sun can reveal the astonishing fates of its key players, including an Albanian playboy living the high-life with a millionaire heiress at his side.
CCTV footage of Britain’s biggest cash robbery taking place at the Securitas depot in Tonbridge, KentCredit: PA:Press Association
The brazen raid in 2006 sparked a huge police investigationCredit: PA:Press Association
Jetmir Bucpapa was involved in the 2006 robbery and now leads a charmed life in AlbaniaCredit: Collect
, 46, was given 30 years for his part in the multi-million pound robbery, which also saw 14 terrified staff locked up in cash cages.
He spent years in , but was deported back to Albania in 2020 and quickly married.
We can reveal he has now split from his wife and is dating a wealthy businessman’s daughter.
A source told us: “He’s out and about in the nightclubs with this new woman and enjoying life.
“It’s a far cry from when he was first released and had a very quiet life as a family man after getting married within a year.
“After spending so long in Belmarsh he was paranoid and constantly looking over his shoulder, but now he doesn’t seem to care.”
Bucpapa’s newfound confidence comes after three men were last year jailed for .
Allen was left paralysed after being shot in the throat by three hitmen, who were involved in a daring £2.8million raid in six weeks earlier.
Meanwhile, mystery still surrounds what happened to £32million of the stolen cash from the Securitas heist, with cops believing some may have been transferred to and .
Bucpapa, labelled ‘hi-viz’ by cops because he was wearing a fluorescent tabard during the robbery, was integral to the Securitas gang.
He was the sole link to fellow criminal Ermir Hysenaj, an old school friend, who worked at the Tonbridge depot and acted as the ‘inside man’ filming the layout of the cash vault.
The pair were part of a heavily-armed gang that struck in the early hours of February 22, 2006.
Wearing balaclavas and wielding weapons including a sub-machine gun and pump-action shotgun, they tied up petrified employees and abducted depot manager Colin Dixon as he drove to work.
They also kidnapped his wife and son from the family home – initially pretending to be officers – and used them as leverage to get Dixon to swipe them into the site.
The masked raiders drove away with £53million in the in UK’s biggest robberyCredit: PA:Press Association
Elderden Farm in Staplehurst, Kent, was linked to the robberyCredit: PA:Press Association
The group left behind money because they didn’t have enough space for itCredit: PA:Press Association
The gang then loaded cash on to a 7.5 tonne lorry, but were forced to leave behind £153million because they couldn’t fit any more cash cages into the back of the vehicle.
In 2007, ex car salesman Stuart Royle, garage owner Roger Coutts, former roofer and Bucpapa were all jailed for life. Hysenaj was given 20 years.
Ringleader , 48, a well-known cage fighter, and accomplice Paul Allen, 47, fled to Morocco where they bought villas, and and spent cash on for their partners. They were arrested four months later
Allen was extradited back to the UK to serve 10 years, while Murray, whose dad is Moroccan, was given 25 years in the north African country.
New playboy life
Bucpapa was introduced to the mother of his child by his family after prisonCredit: Intagram
He was the link to inside man Ermir Hysenaj, who worked at the depotCredit: PA:Press Association
Sources say Bucpapa was initially a “bag of nerves” after he and fellow Albanian Hysenaj were freed from jail.
One told us: “He seemed to always be nervous, looking about himself all the time.”
Bucpapa’s family introduced him to Albanian woman Besiana Dunisha, who lived in at the time, and the pair were wed within a year before going on to have a daughter, then a son.
They have now split and he is dating the daughter of a millionaire Albanian businessman who works at an international college with British teachers.
The source added: “Bucpapa was not an easy person to be married to. He spent a long time in jail and isn’t frightened of anyone.
“He really wanted a son, but he and his wife divorced quite quickly after the boy arrived.
“Not long after their separation he started a new relationship with a very beautiful rich Albanian girl who studied in London and now works for her dad at a college in the capital Tirana.
“When Bucpapa was married to Besiana he kept a low profile, but he’s now seen out and about in the nightclubs which is a real change of direction.”
Hitman squad ambush
Bucpapa appears happier to have a higher profile since three men were last year imprisoned for shooting fellow Securitas robber Paul Allen through the throat in a contract hit in 2019.
Allen, released in 2016, was left paralysed after the murder attempt in 2019, at a rented house belonging to comedian Russell Kane.
Culprits Daniel Kelly, Louis Ahearne, and brother Stewart were jailed for 36 years, 33 and 30 respectively.
Six weeks before the shooting, the trio stole £2.8million of Ming dynasty treasures in Geneva. Kelly is also wanted for a £680,000 robbery in .
Allen pocketed £1.9million for the Securitas depot job and was ordered to pay back £1.23million of the cash back to the Crown under the proceeds of act.
He paid just £420 but in a closed court in 2018, a judge agreed he shouldn’t have to pay back any more.
Bucpapa, Roger Coutts and Lee Rusha are said to have paid back just £1, while mole Hysenaj hasn’t handed over a penny.
Missing millions
Yet 20 years after one of the most audacious robberies in British , cops still don’t know what happened to the millions that are still missing.
The Securitas robbers got away with £53,116,760 in bank notes – but £32million has never been recovered.
After the raid, the gang drove off in a lorry loaded with half a tonne of cash, most of it in £10 and £20 notes, to Elderden Farm near Staplehurst in Kent.
Around £100,000 was found at the farm but multi-million pound farm owner John Fowler said he had no idea the cash was being stashed on his property. He was later acquitted of all charges in connection with the raid.
More than £9million was found in a container on an industrial estate in Welling, south-east London.
Around £8million was found in a lock-up close to roofer Lea Rusha’s home in Southborough, Kent.
Smaller amounts were found elsewhere, but £32million has vanished.
Cops believe the money was broken up into small packages to be laundered with crime syndicates being paid to ‘clean’ the dirty cash.
Other sums are believed to have been sent to bank accounts in Cyprus and Morocco.
Securitias reimbursed £25million to the Bank of England, which owned the stolen cash.
But while the missing millions have all but disappeared 20 years on, it would seem Bucpapa is more visible than ever – and making the most of his freedom.
Kent Police were never able to recover most of the money stolenCredit: PA:Press Association
The gang posed as cops to kidnap the family of Colin Dixon who worked at the depotCredit: PA:Press Association



