CHELSEA return to Champions League action TODAY with a tough encounter against RB Salzburg – and last-16 qualification hangs in the balance.
Graham Potter’s introduction has led to the Blues going on eight-match unbeaten run including the 1-1 draw against Manchester United.
And Chelsea’s double over Italian giants AC Milan, has put them in pole position in Group E where they can wrap up qualification with a game to spare.
However, three points for RB Salzburg would see the Austrian giants leapfrog the Blues into top spot.
Furthermore, Salzburg will prove to be tricky customers as they have only tasted defeat once all season.
When is RB Salzburg vs Chelsea?
- RB Salzburg entertain Chelsea TODAY – Tuesday, October 25.
- It is scheduled to kick off earlier than usual – 5:45pm UK time but 6:45pm local time.
- Red Bull Arena in Wals-Siezenheim is the allocated venue for this fixture and it can host approximately 30,188 spectators.
- Chelsea were held to a 1-1 draw when the sides last met in September.
What TV channel is RB Salzburg vs Chelsea on and can I live stream it?
- RB Salzburg vs Chelsea will be broadcasted LIVE on BT Sport 4 in the UK.
- Coverage is set to commence from 5pm UK time – 45 minutes before kick-off.
- Subscription holders of BT Sport can stream the match live via the BT Sport website or BT Sport app.
What is the team news?
RB Salzburg are expected to have a lengthy list of absentees with Julien Omoregie, Fernando, Ousmane Diakite, Nicolas Cpaldo, Dijon Kameri and Sekou Koita all out.
Integral midfielder Luka Sucic has also emerged as a fresh concern after being pulled out of the frustrating draw on the weekend.
However, Strahinja Pavlovic is still eligble to feature against Chelsea despite his reckless red card incident during Salzburg’s Austrian Bundesliga affair.
Elsewhere, Kalidou Koulibaly will need to be assessed having missed out on the encounter against Manchester United.
And if deemed unavailable, he’ll be joining Reece James, N’Golo Kante and Wesley Fofana who are all going through their recovery stages.
- RB Salzburg to win 15/4
- Draw 14/5
- Chelsea to win 3/4
*Odds courtesy of Betfair are correct at time of publication
News/ 2 weeks ago
EU imposes sanctions for sexual violence
On International Women’s Day, the EU is taking a stand against sexual violence: it...
News/ 2 weeks ago
Women’s Day in Iran: No day and every day
The official women’s day has no fixed place in the calendar in Iran. One thing...
News/ 1 month ago
Biden versus Putin: two speeches, two worlds
In Warsaw, the US President responded indirectly to the speech by the Russian ruler...