The Osun State chapter of Accord Party has denied allegations that its members attacked supporters of the All Progressives Congress, APC, after the August 15, 2026 governorship election.

The party, in a statement issued on Tuesday by its state chairman, Pastor Victor Akande, described the allegation as a concoction of lies and propaganda.

Accord alleged that its members had continued to face harassment from suspected APC thugs and some elements within the state police command, despite the conclusion of the governorship election.

The party also alleged that about 20 of its members were killed during the pre-election period, while approximately 30 others were receiving treatment for gunshot injuries.

“Accord members did not retaliate despite attacks against its supporters before the election.

“Osun APC oppressed our members for several months. The opposition killed 20 of our members with about 30 receiving treatment from gun injuries. Our members did not lift a finger against the aggressors then and now,” the party chairman said.

Akande alleged that some APC members made statements calling for violence against Accord supporters shortly before the election, while accusing the police of failing to adequately respond to the alleged threats.

“A few days before the election, several APC members openly called for the killing and maiming of Accord members. The police ignored the gravity of those genocidal utterances and proceeded to further arrest our leaders across the local governments,” Akande alleged.

He also claimed that several Accord leaders were arrested on the eve of the election, alleging that the arrests affected the party’s ability to organise its supporters across the state.

Akande specifically alleged that houses belonging to Accord members in Ikire were vandalised, forcing some supporters to seek shelter in uncompleted buildings to avoid alleged arrests.

The party accused the Osun APC of illegally occupying local government secretariats, diverting local government funds for campaign purposes, detaining about 60 of its members overnight and changing the leadership of the National Union of Road Transport Workers, NURTW.

“Rather than apologising to Osun people for killing and wounding many, the APC is pushing the victim card,” the Accord chairman said.

Akande maintained that Accord members remained law-abiding and urged relevant authorities to investigate allegations of violence and prosecute anyone found responsible.

“Our members are law abiding. They belong to a responsible political party, not a ‘tabon tabon’ party,” he concluded.

DAILY POST had reported earlier that Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has condemned alleged post-election attacks on its members and supporters across the state, calling on the police to investigate and prosecute those responsible.

The party made its position known in a statement signed by its Director of Media and Information, Kola Olabisi, on Tuesday.

The APC alleged that violent incidents began on Sunday, following the declaration of Governor Ademola Adeleke of the Accord as winner of the governorship election by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC.