Tourists trapped in Mongolia after couple die eating infected marmot – Stuff.co.nz

Tourists trapped in Mongolia after couple die eating infected marmot – Stuff.co.nz

A Mongolian couple has died of the bubonic plague after contracting it when they ate raw marmot meat last week, prompting a six-day-long quarantine that trapped numerous Western tourists in the country. The unnamed couple, who were ethnically Kazakh, died after eating raw marmot flesh and offal on May 1, the BBC reported. Health authorities have for…

en_USEN
es_ESES en_USEN