Manchester United forward, Cristiano Ronaldo will remain at the club until at least January after the summer transfer deadline passed without a move materialising.
ESPN reports that the 37-year-old was keen to leave Old Trafford this summer.
Ronaldo was desperate to play in the Champions League and he had been linked with Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid and Napoli.
The five-time Ballon d’Or, who came on in the 68th minute of United’s 1-0 win over Leicester City on deadline day, has one year left on his contract with the option to extend for another year.
Following the win at the King Power Stadium, manager Erik ten Hag said: “As we said [he has stayed].
“It is really early in the season. We have a squad, more than 11 starting players and that is what you see now. Players on the bench can play in two to three weeks.”
Ronaldo will now play in the Europa League for the first time in his career.
The Red Devils are in Group E with Real Sociedad, Sheriff Tiraspol and Omonoia.
Rio Ferdinand has noted that midfielder Casemiro and Cristiano Ronaldo are being disrespected at...
Chelsea legend, John Terry, has heaped praises on Manchester City striker Erling Haaland after...
Manchester City star, Phil Foden, on Sunday, broke a record held by Paris Saint-Germain’s...