I too struggled with ranking sites and learning about SEO in the beginning. But then a company named WUMO SEO gave me hands to get ranked and to learn A to Z about SEO. You can simply search in google as WUMO SEO and learn about them clearly. Not self-promotion, but they helped me a lot so I want to give them a reference right here.
Now, I will describe in more detail your question.
Off-page SEO is to use all of the techniques, activities, and measures outside of your website to rank your page higher than your competitors within search engine page results.
Important factors of Off-Page Optimization:
• Getting Links from the homepages of relevant websites.
• The number of domains linking to your website.
• What are the page ranks of the linking page?
• Page authority of linking domain.
• Links are relevant or not.
There are some Useful Strategies To Boost Your Ranking:
- Social Media Off-page SEO
- Social Networking sites SEO
- Social Bookmarking
- Question & Answer
- Blog Comments
- Resource Pages
- Guest Blogging
- Get Your Competitor’s Backlinks
- Web 2.0 Submissions
- Video Submissions
- Image Submission
- Infographic Submission
- Broken Link Building
- Forum submission
- Article Submissions
- Search Engine Submission
- Directory Submission
- Link Exchange
Off-Page SEO can perform for you.
- Ranking your site at top results
- Building your brand name.
- Making relationships with influencers and bloggers.
- Reaching a large audience.