It’s been incredibly exciting for us these past few months to discuss plans for the next generation of Warframe. As we continue to grow, we want to highlight more about what the future holds regardless of if you play on PS4 or PS5. This is a monume...
No Man’s Sky: The Next Generation
Hello! This has been such a busy year for the small team behind No Man’s Sky. We have already put out five separate and sizable updates to the game. Our most recent update, Origins, has seen a large resurgence of travellers coming back into the game to witness first-hand the huge amount of new things there are to discover. As busy as this year has been though, we still have ‘one more thing’ to reveal.
Today we are thrilled to announce that a PlayStation 5 version of No Man’s Sky will be available at launch just a few weeks from now. Taking advantage of the next gen hardware, the PS5 version offers enhanced visuals, audio and more. Current No Man’s Sky players will receive this PS5 upgrade for free – and be able to transfer their save game between consoles – when they decide to continue to explore their universe on next gen.Play Video
Here is a closer look at just some of the features and upgrades that players can expect in the PS5 version of No Man’s Sky.
- Haptic controls: From the satisfying feeling of firing your boltcaster, to the gentle nudge of a building part slotting into place in a space habitat or the firm click of the trigger in your interstellar ship – haptic controls allow players to feel immersed in an alien world as never before.
- Fuller worlds: Next generation hardware allows No Man’s Sky’s procedural generation to create lusher, richer and more densely populated universes than ever before. Planet surfaces are even more detailed, with thousands more rocks, alien grasses, and exotic flora on screen at any time.
- 32 player multiplayer: For the first time on console, up to 32 players can join forces to build, survive, fight and explore the galaxy together.
- Advanced audio: Immersion has always been a pillar of No Man’s Sky. Thanks to PlayStation 5’s Tempest 3D AudioTech, players will be able to soak in the ambience of an alien planet, or feel a ship fly overhead like never before (You can find out more about PS5’s 3D Audio here.)
- 4K* at 60FPS: On PlayStation 5 players can experience the universe in pin-sharp detail at higher framerates.
- Ultra visuals: Explore alien vistas with improved shadows, greater draw distances, thousands more objects on screen and improved lighting and volumetric effects.
- Vast base building: Players can now work together to build huge off-world colonies, with the ability to construct and render far more vast and complex bases on screen.
- Warp-speed load times: Explore the universe instantly with 5-10x reduction in loading times. On PS5, you can warp from solar system to solar system in an instant.
- Crossplay: PS5 explorers will be able to join together with other adventurers on all other platforms, including previous generations.
- Upgrading from PS4 to PS5: Not only will previous owners of No Man’s Sky on PlayStation 4 be able to upgrade their game to PlayStation 5 at no extra cost when PS5 launches in their territory, but their progress can be carried across to their new console.
- PlayStation VR: No Man’s Sky is fully playable in PS VR on PlayStation 5 by virtue of its backwards compatibility functionality.
- An evolving game: Just another step on the evolution of the best-selling title, No Man’s Sky Next Generation will come preloaded with the previous four years of huge upgrades from day one. Join in the journey at our most important moment yet.
Our next generation journey begins. We hope you are excited to join us.
*4K compatible TV required.
Leave a Comment
Your trigger button locks up mid-firefight. Damn, another gun jam. It really might be time to find a new weapon. You feel the scrape of your boots against stone as you clamber up a wall. The control rumbles in your hands with each movement. You hear...