However, if you want your shop to succeed, you may need more features than the default setup provides. Let’s look at 10 of the best Shopify apps for any new user!
You may also be interested in:
- Best Free Shopify Themes of 2021
- Best Shopify Themes for 2021
- Wix vs Shopify vs WooCommerce vs BigCommerce vs Magento vs Jimdo
Convincing people to buy once is hard enough – encouraging them to come back time and time again can be even more challenging. Smile: Rewards & Loyalty lets you add a loyalty program to your Shopify store, in order to encourage repeat purchases.
- Helps you set up various types of programs for your store, including loyalty points, referral, and VIP programs
- Customize the way your programs work, including how and when customers are rewarded
- Integrate your program with various external tools, including MailChimp, ReCharge, and HubSpot
The free plan will let you set up and run a simple program, while the premium version includes additional customization options, analytics features, and more.
If your store is going to rely on repeat purchases from a loyal customer base, Smile: Rewards & Loyalty is one of the best Shopify apps you can pick up.Go to top
2. Plug in SEO
If you want to attract customers to your Shopify store, you’ll need to ensure they can find it through organic searches. This means paying attention to your store’s Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which is something Plug in SEO can help with.
- Scans your store for traffic-limiting SEO problems
- Displays detailed results, telling you exactly what issues are present
- Checks titles, headings, meta descriptions, page performance, content structure, and more
The free version of Plug in SEO lets you scan your store as often as you’d like. There’s also a premium plan for $20 per month, which helps you optimize your shop’s SEO, among other benefits.
Any Shopify store can benefit from careful attention to SEO, and this app will help you spot any problems that need to be addressed.Go to top
A significant part of running a successful store is convincing each visitor to make a purchase. Fera helps you do that by creating a sense of urgency. The first of our best Shopify apps enables you to display real-time pop-ups, which let people know what other customers are up to.
- Display notifications in your store when customers purchase items
- Show number of people who added products to cart and currently viewing
- Share intelligent social proof feed for brand’s trustworthiness
This is a free app.
If you have a modest amount of activity in your store, and you want to encourage more conversions though urgency and social proof, this app is a simple and handy solution.Go to top
No matter what you’re selling, quality customer support is a must. You’ll benefit from a way to answer questions through a more convenient channel than email. Facebook Messenger Marketing does exactly what its name implies – it lets you speak with your Shopify customers using the Facebook Messenger tool.
- Enables customers to initiate live chat with you via a simple widget
- Makes it simple to customize the Facebook Messenger notifications you send
- Loads prior chat history, enabling you to view previous conversions with the same customer
- Lets you add customer accounts to your Facebook Messenger subscriber list
This is a free app.
This app is useful to anyone looking to add live chat to their Shopify store – particularly if you also want to conduct some Facebook outreach and/or marketing.Go to top
If you’re looking to start a dropshipping business with Shopify – in other words, to sell other companies’ products – Oberlo is a must-have. This popular tool helps you find the right items, add them to your store, and start selling right away.
- Lets you search for and import products from AliExpress and Oberlo Marketplace (then customize them)
- Keeps your prices and stock levels up-to-date
- Automatically starts the shipping process once you confirm a customer’s order
- Enables you to track your orders
There’s a free plan that supports up to 50 orders per month, and two premium plans with more capacity and features.
Anyone interested in making money through dropshipping on Shopify can benefit from Oberlo.Go to top
These days, most people check out reviews before buying online. Yotpo Reviews, Photos, and Q&A lets you easily add customer reviews to your Shopify store. As such, visitors can feel more confident about making informed purchasing decisions.
- Automatically collect reviews, product photos, questions, and answers from your customers
- Display reviews and ratings in multiple places throughout your store
- Moderate reviews, and respond to them either publicly or privately
The base version of Yotpo is free, and is sufficient for many stores. The premium plans, starting at $29 per month, offer additional features such as review carousels, coupons, and upsell options.
Reviews are practically a must-have for an online store. For this reason, Yotpo is one of the best Shopify apps for any user.Go to top
A Shopify store can be a great place to sell custom designs. However, you’ll need a way to have those designs printed once customers place their orders. Printful provides a full-featured printing service, making it simple to offer a wide variety of options in your store.
- List product options in your store, have them printed and stored, then shipped
- Let customers personalize your designs, and have them printed on t-shirts, posters, embroidery, and more
- Create product mockups, so customers can see what each item will look like
The app itself is free. However, you’ll need a Printful account, as each order will come with a small fee attached.
Graphic designers and other creatives who don’t want to worry about printing and shipping products will find this app invaluable.Go to top
Images form the cornerstone of any effective e-commerce store. Bulk Image Edit ‑ Image SEO helps you ensure your Shopify product images are fully optimized. The app handles a lot of key image-related tasks, and includes some helpful automation options.
- Enables you to customize image file names and ‘alt text’, for SEO purposes
- Helps you resize images to Shopify standards (and for social media use)
- Compresses your images, to save space and keep your store running fast
The free plan lets you edit 50 images per month, which is somewhat limiting. Most users will benefit from the $9.99 per month tier instead, which lets you make up to 1,000 edits.
If you display product images in your store, and don’t have the time to optimize each one individually, Bulk Image Edit can save you a lot of effort.Go to top
If you’re looking to let people customize the items they purchase, Infinite Options is well worth a look. This app lets you offer a wide range of choices to your customers, so they can select specific features, add personalization, and much more.
- Permit customers to personalize products via simple drop-down menus, checkboxes, and similar inputs
- Add an unlimited number of customization options to each product
- Automatically include additional charges for specific features and services
Infinite Options is free to install and use.
While Shopify includes some basic product customization options, Infinite Options is one of the best Shopify apps for offering personalization (or add-ons) to your items.Go to top
The last of our best Shopify apps, Kit is a simple but potentially powerful tool. It lets you create conversion-friendly Facebook and Instagram ads. This is a personal and friendly touch that can help turn new buyers into loyal customers.
- Send custom ‘thank you’ emails for retaining new customers
- Start a re-targeting campaign using a Facebook Messenger
- Create a discount code by sending an SMS to Kit
- Use quick reporting to track your marketing efforts
You can use Kit on your Shopify store for free.
Kit is a useful tool for thanking new customers and creating sales-friendly social media ads. It’s particularly handy if you don’t already have an email marketing solution set up (which might make this functionality redundant).Go to top
Conclusion on the best Shopify apps
One of the best things about Shopify is that you can customize exactly how your store works – by using a suitable combination of extras. And this is exactly where some of the best Shopify apps come into play.
How many apps do you have running in your Shopify store? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!10 of the best @Shopify #apps for a brand-new #ecommerce store Click To Tweet
Don’t forget to join our crash course on speeding up your WordPress site. With some simple fixes, you can reduce your loading time by even 50-80%:BONUS VIDEO: Wix Vs Shopify Vs WooCommerce
Watch this video on YouTube