This recipe is sponsored by Sprouts Farmers Market, but all thoughts and opinions are my own.
This healthy bento box is so delicious, you don’t have to tell your kids it’s good for them, too! With a hummus and veggie wrap, adorable cheese cubes, fresh fruit, and addictive peanut butter puffs, your kids will be begging for this easy vegetarian lunch every day.
I made the decision to homeschool this year, and while that definitely means things are going to be different for my family, I think keeping up some of our usual school year routines is important. Getting up and getting dressed (no pajama days!) and going to our “classroom” helps get both Leo and me in the school mindset, and having a healthy lunch is part of that. So, sure, maybe it won’t make it to a lunch box every day, but sitting down with a filling lunch helps give his mind (and me) a break and gets him ready for the rest of the day!
I love to buy food for my whole family from Sprouts. Healthy, high-quality, and super fresh, they keep us nourished, energized, and ready to face whatever the world has in store.
Why This Recipe Is So Good
- This adorable lunch is so easy to whip up, whether it’s for lunch at school or break time during homeschooling. With fresh, healthy ingredients, your kid will feel full and energized for the rest of the day.
- I absolutely love shopping at Sprouts for ingredients, and this easy hummus wrap and sides were an absolute hit with my kids. I add cheese cubes in cute shapes, a hard-boiled egg, fresh blueberries, and Sprouts Peanut Butter Puffs, which both of my littles were HUGE fans of.
How To Make a Vegetarian Lunch for Kids
The full recipe is below, but here you’ll find all the steps for making this recipe perfectly the first and 100th time, along with useful tips and info!
Spread hummus on the wrap, making sure it goes all the way to the edge.
Place the lettuce leaf on top of the hummus, then sprinkle the veggies on top.
Tightly roll the wrap, then cut it into pinwheel slices.
Serve with cubes of cheese or slices pressed into cute shapes, fresh berries or fruit, and Sprouts Peanut Butter Puffs.
Top Tips For Making
- Can’t convince your kids to eat hummus? No problem! You can easily swap it out for cream cheese, like Sprouts Cream Cheese. It’s rbST Free, so you can still feel great about your kids eating it.
- I used chopped tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumbers, and shredded carrots in my hummus wrap, but feel free to use veggies your kids like or salad leftovers. Other delicious options could be zucchini, halved cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, or even avocado slices.
- To make this lunch gluten free, just use a gluten free wrap. Sprouts Peanut Butter Puffs are gluten free, too, so no worries there!
- I made my cheese cubes into cute shapes by using small cookie cutters on cheese I had cut from a block of cheddar.
More Vegetarian Recipes
Hey – you’ve made it this far, and now we’re best friends! If you make this recipe, I’d love for you to give it a star rating ★ below. Make sure you follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook, too!
Easy Vegetarian Bento Box for Kids
This healthy and protein-packed lunch with an easy hummus wrap is filling and totally kid-approved.
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- 2-4 tablespoons Sprouts Market Corner Hummus
- 2 tablespoons each of chopped veggies of choice like fresh tomatoes, thinly sliced cucumber, shredded carrots
- 1 leaf green leaf lettuce or leftover salad lettuce, spinach, etc.
- cheese cubes
- fresh berries or fruit
- hard-boiled egg
- Sprouts Peanut Butter Puffs
Spread hummus on wrap, making sure it goes all the way to edge.
Place lettuce leaf down then sprinkle veggies over. Tightly roll then cut into pinwheel slices. Serve with cubes of cheese or slices pressed into cute shapes, fresh berries or fruit, hard-boiled egg, and Sprouts Peanut Butter Puffs.
- Ingredient suggestions: Use Sprouts Cream Cheese instead of hummus. For veggies, try chopped tomatoes, cucumbers, shredded carrots, zucchini, halved cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado slices, etc.
- Gluten free: Use gluten free wrap.
- Cute cheese shapes: Use small cookie cutter on pieces cut from block of cheese or slices.
Easy Vegetarian Bento Box for Kids
Amount Per Serving
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 54
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1g6%
Vitamin A 1320IU26%
Vitamin C 5mg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.