Employee theft or dishonest acts
Protects you against dishonest acts committed by your employees, including theft of money or property.
Premises theft and robbery
Protects your property inside your premises while you’re open for business. You’re even covered if you or your employees are ever robbed while doing business offsite.
Theft of money and securities
Protects you against the theft, disappearance or destruction of your money or securities inside your place of business. You and your employees are also covered when you’re offsite.
Crime prevention tips
- Make daily bank deposits, and vary your time and routes to and from the bank
- Check daily cash register receipts against your deposits to help prevent the possibility of employee dishonesty
- Immediately mark any checks received as “For Deposit Only”
- Keep any rear doors locked from the outside at all times by installing panic locks. Padlocks should not be used to lock doors.
- Keep safe on-site to store small amounts of cash, important documents or other valuable items. Change the safe’s combination periodically.
- Consider installing security cameras throughout the property. All entranceways and cashier areas should be kept under surveillance.
- Conduct background checks on applicants
- Train employees on safe opening and closing procedures
- Train employees on what they should do in case of robbery. Make it clear they should never endanger themselves by trying to protect money, property or other valuable items.