In the Kitchen, we are here to share some Home-Friendly, Healthy-ish recipes created by us in our own kitchen, and after months of experimentation, we are glad to share our magic with you.
Our first one being the very special Chocolate-Chip Butter Buttons. These are soft cookies that could be very well made by you this Chocolate Day. Without further blibber-blabber, let’s let you scroll directly to the recipe 🙂
PREP TIME: – 15-20 mins
COOK TIME: – 30-40 mins
SERVES: – 9-10 Buttons
- 1 Cup Oats Flour/ Ground Oats
- 1 Flax Egg (don’t worry, we’ve mentioned how to make a flax egg)
- 4 Tbsp Softened Butter (unsalted preferred but your regular salted Butter is fine too)
- 1/2 Cup Jaggery Powder
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Essence
- ¼ Tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Baking Dark Chocolate Chips & Few more to make buttons
- Take 1 Tbsp Flax Seeds & Grind them into a powder, add 3 Tbsp of Water & leave aside for 15 mins, this will give you 1 Flax Egg.
- Mix the Butter and Jaggery powder together with a Hand Blender.
- Add the Flax Egg. And blend till a soft peak is formed.
- Add Vanilla Essence and blend again.
- Add Baking Soda, Baking Powder & ½ cup Oats Flour & mix with the blender.
- Fold the mix with your spatula & then add the remaining Oats Flour.
- Fold the entire mix once again & add the Baking Dark Chocolate Chips and mix.
- Pre-Heat oven at 180°C for 15 mins.
- Once the Cookie Dough is formed scoop your desired quantity in hand and line the cookies on a Silicone Baking Sheet/ Parchment Paper. Keep space in between asthe Cookies will spread. Form Buttons by placing 4 inverted Chocolate Chips on each mid-corner of the Cookie.
- Place Cookies to Bake in the oven for 10 mins at 180°C.
- Once Baked let them cool in the tray for 5 mins before transferring onto cooling rack for another 15 mins.
NOTES: – Don’t worry if you don’t have a Hand Blender, just whisk real-good with a whisk or mix with a spatula.
- For a healthier alternative, you can add Coconut oil, instead of Butter, in the same proportion.
What else can we say, if you’ve got kids to make them try this & trust us they won’t come to know the secret ingredient here is Jaggery. And, if you don’t have kids, bake a batch for yourself and bite them well with milk for breakfast, or just to burn your mid-day craving.
Don’t forget to store them in an air-tight container.
Tag us on Instagram and Facebook with your bakes and follow us for more. We can’t wait to see your creations!
Let your soul enjoy it!