Three pharmacies in Peterborough and additional ones in the surrounding region are offering COVID-19 vaccinations to adults age 55 and over.
They will offer the AstraZeneca vaccine, the province announced Sunday. To book an appointment, the province says to call the pharmacy or visit their website.
Within Peterborough Public Health‘s jurisdiction, the vaccine is available at the following pharmacies in Peterborough:
- Costco Pharmacy at 485 The Parkway — open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Walmart pharmacy at 1002 Chemong Rd. — open Monday – Sunday: 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- High St. Guardian Pharmacy at 9-815 High Street — open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to. 6 p.m.; Saturday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Within the jurisdiction of the Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit, the vaccine will be available at the following pharmacies:
- Shoppers Drug Mart on 343 Kent St. W. (open Monday to Sunday 8 a.m. to midnight)
- Kawartha Lakes Pharmacy at 55 Angeline St. N. Unit 4A (open Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.; Saturday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Port Hope Pharmasave at 60 Ontario St. (open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Walmart pharmacy at 73 Strathy Rd. (open Monday to Sunday 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.)
- RX Drug Mart at 16 Grand Rd. (open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.; Saturday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Shoppers Drug Mart at 118 Hastings St. N. (open Monday to Sunday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.)
Ontario premier Doug Ford gets AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine01:13 Ontario premier Doug Ford gets AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine 04:10 Health Matters: ‘Possible’ link between AstraZeneca vaccine and rare blood clots 03:48 Dr. Tam explains shifting guidance on AstraZeneca vaccine 02:32 Do the benefits of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine outweigh the risk?